Depart Nairobi at 6:30 am to Sirimon gate via Nanyuki to pick the mountain crews. After early lunch at Sirimon gate, trek will start to Old Moses camp, a distance of 9km that take a bout 3-4 hours passing through forest of indigenous trees like Podocapus trees, Douglass fire, Red Cinder, pine e.t.c and then to Bamboo and finally to Heath part arriving at Old Moses hut at around 2:30 pm/3:00 pm. A t the evening, a guide will take you further up for a short distance up to 3600m and then descend back to the hut for dinner and over night. At the altitude of 3600m, you are completely out of Heath and shrub part to Savanna moorland and here you will be able to see the Laikipia plateau clearly. Laikipia plateau is the largest plateau surrounding Mt Kenya.
After breakfast at the hut, you will descend back to Sirimon gate where you will meet your transfer vehicle back to your hotel in Nairobi.
2 Days Mt Kenya Hiking Include:
• Guarantee trek on confirmation
• Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
• Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
• Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional porters and skilled cook
• Start and finish in Nairobi
2 Days Mt Kenya Hiking Exclude:
• Tips, sleeping bags, drinks e.g. Sodas& beer, accommodation in Nanyuki before the trek
• climbing gears
• Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary